For the second time the mediator report brings out his publishing annual compendium "Soldat und Technik". The output in 2020 continues to claim the publication to devote the focus of individual combat effectiveness of soldiers and their multipliers. These include both intellectual and technical armor: soldierly identity, combat readiness, training, (operational) experience, clothing, personal equipment and of course the armament.
In the first section "Hand weapons and effective means" this time are the infantry toolbox of the Bundeswehr, the latest developments in the sniper weapons, as well as the renaissance of anti-tank, the new "Light operative means 1800 +" and mortars at the center.
Under "Optronics and night vision" of the receipt of the night fighting ability are treated by image data fusion and aspects of infantry night fighting ability.
The section "leadership, networking and education" gives an overview on the state of the "Future Soldier" and describes the structure of the "IdZ ES plus" as it is integrated in the system mechanized infantry. Another article deals with the increasing importance of Unmanned Aerial Systems on the battlefield.
In the "clothing and equipment" current procurement projects and new camouflage also be the focus as the clothing management of the Bundeswehr and the movable housing in use.
In the final part of "forces" the booklet deals with the infantry fight and by sea as well as the special forces of the German Navy. An overview of the Tactical Wounded supply closes itself.
Waldemar Geiger and Jan-Phillipp Weisswange
From the content:
- Modernization of personal equipment (Wolfgang Köpke, Major General ret., President of Association of the German army eV)
Hand guns and operative means
- Harmonization of small arms of the Bundeswehr (Jan-Phillipp Weisswange and Waldemar Geiger)
- Current developments in the sniper armament (Jan-Phillipp Weisswange)
- Compact fighting force multipliers - Current projects with service pistols (Jan-Phillipp Weisswange)
- Renaissance of infantry anti-tank (André Forkert)
- Weapons for special forces - Light operating agent 1800+ (André Forkert)
- Mortar weapon system - news from the Bundeswehr (Waldemar Geiger)
- Superior fire support (Rheinmetall AG, the Defense sector)
- Lead-free ammunition: technical and tactical advantages (Thomas Nielsen)
Optronics and night vision
- Receipt of the night fighting ability by image data fusion (Doug Richardson)
- VECTED thermal imaging devices individually configured (Wolfgang Schöberl, management, VECTED GmbH)
- At Fight Night as in the day? - The night combat capability of the infantry (Michael Fiedler)
- Theon - European Night Vision sets standards (Heiko Schmidt, Business Development Director, Theon Germany GmbH)
Leadership, networking and education
- Future Soldier - Progress and procurement plans (Martin Paul)
- Communication and hearing protection for specialists (Imtradex listening / speaking GmbH)
- Structure of IdZ ES Plus - extensions for the German soldiers system (Dorothee Frank and Gerhard Heiming)
- Groundbreaking technologies for the soldier of the future (TELEFUNKEN Radio Communication Systems GmbH & Co. KG)
- Drones on the rise (André Forkert)
Clothing and Equipment
- A lot of movement in the colorful skirts (Jan-Phillipp Weisswange)
- Gore textile technologies: reliable protection and high comfort (Thomas M. Meyer, Technical functional textiles Military, WL Gore & Associates GmbH)
- Clothing management of the German Federal Armed Forces (Thorsten Erxleben)
- Teijin Aramid - high-performance fibers for efficient body and property protection (Nicolas van Zijl, EMEA Sales Leader Safety, Teijin Aramid GmbH)
- Movable accommodation in use (Gerhard Heiming)
- Woolpower - proven and reliable protection against the cold (Stephan Krupke, Scandic Outdoor GmbH)
- The infantry fight and by sea (Arne Krüger)
- In the shadow of the trident - the special forces of the German Navy (writing team KSM)
- TCCC Tactical Combat Casualty Care - Tactical Wounded supply to supplement the rescue chain (Carsten Dombrowsk)