With the introduction of the infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) Puma has the German army on the most advanced weapon system for armored infantry. Thanks to innovative technologies it is superior to all comparable systems and "the" scale worldwide. The Puma IFV is no evolutionary development of existing armored personnel concepts. Rather, he follows progressive innovations and sets in terms of efficiency, mobility, protection, leadership and education new standards.
Since 2009, soldiers of the German Army actively support the development and deployment process. By 2015 began training in Munster, the troupe brings its expertise to bear immediately. In close cooperation with the
Federal Office equipment, information technology and use of the Bundeswehr and industry are systematically overcome the inevitable occur "early disease," a new, complex weapons system and necessary adjustments continuously taken into account.
No other infantry fighting vehicle has such a high mobility at a comparable level of protection. The Waffenmix with the highest precision in connection with the performance target for discrimination optics deployed particularly in cooperation with the dismounted Panzergrenadier group maximum effectiveness in combat. The powerful and robust networking platform with the advanced system Future Soldier - Expanded System (IdZ-ES) for each individual dismounted shooters enables systematic digitization of the system mechanized infantry. The combination of active and passive systems SPz Puma moreover provides the best possible protection for its crew. The performance shown so far when using tests and exercises in urban terrain, in complex scenarios in Combat Training Center and as part of the test and test firings are absolutely convincing. By 2021 the army should the missing 70 of the planned 342 SPz Puma of the first batch run. From then on, the first delivered armored personnel carriers with the integration of air defense missile system MELLS and a multifunctional self-protection system are already controls back into a modernization.
41 SPz Puma of the first batch are to March 2021 a modernization
comparable construction stand ready. Furthermore, the analog radios will be replaced by modern software defined radios in these 41 armored personnel carriers. Thus the conditions for using the SPz Puma as part of the Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (Land), VJTF L-2023 are created.
the entry into a base digitization of land forces succeed - also manages the intended testing and timely procurement of a likewise provided for the VJTF-L 2023 Battle Management System (BMS), may - with the Puma armored personnel carriers in the core.
The Puma IFV is a system with the best weapons, the best protection and the best mobility be carried into effect. For the mechanized infantry troops therefore are Puma and IdZ-ES for digital networking on the battlefield. This is the entry in the future. This is a total for the army, a key milestone on the way to the army 4.0!
This special issue presents this central defense project for the German army is extensive. I wish you much pleasure in reading, interesting insights and profitable insights.
Lieutenant General Jörg Vollmer, inspector of the army
- Puma infantry fighting vehicle - a correct and important step in the task performance of the army - Wolfgang Hellmich MP, Chairman of the Defense Committee of the German Bundestag
- Puma infantry fighting vehicle - a reference for future developments - Dr. Hans Christoph Atzpodien, chief executive BDSV eV
- The Puma - the best equipment for the mechanized infantry, today and tomorrow - Technical Director Mark Mozer government, Speaker in the Department of the Ministry of Defense Equipment
- The demands of the army to the capability profile of SPz Puma VJTF - Captain David Di Dio, Councilor armored infantry troops in office for Army Development
- SPz Puma - capability requirements in the "System armored infantry" - Michael Horst
- SPz Puma - procurement and use control from a single source -. Autorenteam BAAINBw Dept. K 5.2 / intermediary Report Verlag
- The Puma in the squad - Lieutenant Stefan Winners
- Puma infantry fighting vehicle - the technical and logistical part of the operational test - Captain Simon Schwägerl, clerk for the SPz Puma at training center technology Landsysteme
- Implementation of capability requirements into technical solutions within the framework of the overall system SPz Puma - PSM Projekt System & Management GmbH
- System-determining conditions for the SPz Puma - PSM Projekt System & Management GmbH
- Modularity and standardization for the future viability - RH Huth, PSM Projekt System & Management GmbH
- Tower of SPz Puma and its operator stations - KMW GmbH & Co. KG
- red Erde® wire-race bearings - ideally equipped for every application - thyssenkrupp red earth Germany GmbH
- High-energy system and digital electrical tower-weapons-drive system GTdrive® of VINCORION - VINCORION - JENOPTIK Advanced Systems GmbH
- Armament concept of SPz Puma - Rheinmetall Defense GmbH
- MELLS (Spike LR) - latest missile armament for Puma - Euro Spike GmbH
- Tower Independent secondary weapon system - Rheinmetall Defense GmbH
- Communication and leadership - Integrated Combat Management System - KMW GmbH & Co. KG
- Command support from a single source - computer systems ATM GmbH
- Vehicle communication system for SPz Puma - Martin Stalp, Solution Manager, Thales Germany GmbH
- Robust radio as the basis for digital leadership ability - Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG
- Future Soldier - Expanded System: Status and development of industrially - writing team Rheinmetall Defense GmbH
- The chassis of the IFV Puma - mobility with innovative components - Rheinmetall Defense GmbH
- Safety seat systems - An integral part of the overall protection concept in SPz Puma - AUTOFLUG GmbH
- The expert for day vision systems - angle mirror - bulletproof glass - CIS GmbH & Co. KG
- The drive - the legs of SPz Puma - KMW GmbH & Co. KG
- Tailor-made for the Puma: the MTU Power Pack - MTU Friedrichshafen
- Transmission HSWL 256 and final drive SPF 1801 for the Puma IFV - RENK AG
- Total protection concept - KMW GmbH & Co. KG
- Protection of SPz Puma against shaped charges by reactive protection - Dynamit Nobel Defense GmbH
- CPCE Protection GmbH - Your specialist for demanding protection concepts - CPCE Protection GmbH
- All-round solutions from a single source - HENSOLDT
- The Puma Systemlogistik - PSM Projekt System & Management GmbH
- Education funds for the SPz Puma - PSM Projekt System & Management GmbH
- Puma infantry fighting in 2023 and subsequent years - PSM Projekt System & Management GmbH
Waffenstabilisierung von Kampfpanzern: Die nächste GenerationEffiziente und zuverlässige Waffenricht- und -stabilisierungsanlagen von Kampffahrzeugen wie dem Puma, dem Leopard 2 oder der Panzerhaubitze PzH 2000 sind ein wesentlicher Faktor für eine überlegene Einsatzführung in Kampfeinsätzen am Boden. Die Technik der Waffenstabilisierung dieser drei Kampfsysteme stammt aus der Entwicklung des Mechatronikherstellers VINCORION. Nun präsentiert das Unternehmen die nächste Generation der Stabilisierungssysteme: das GTdrive Modular.
Ausbildung der Marineflieger – Simulation sorgt für Sicherheit, Effizienz und EinsatzbereitschaftDie fliegerische Ausbildung der Militärpiloten ist anspruchsvoll. Das gilt insbesondere für die fordernden Aufgaben im maritimen Umfeld. Simulationstechnologie wird aufgrund der zunehmenden Komplexität der Luftfahrzeuge und Missionen dabei immer wichtiger. CAE unterstützt das Pilotentraining der Marine seit über 40 Jahren mit neuester Technologie und bestmöglicher Expertise.